A compulsory course for all Muslims, this course will provide students an opportunity to really spend more time with the Quran. Not just in recitation but on reflection of the key themes and messages of the Quran.
During this course students will explore the Quran and walk away with a clearer picture of what our lord Allah (SWT) has said to us. Let Allah’s words soothe you and guide you. Let His words soften your heart so that your supplications during Ramadan will be more heart-felt. Let his instructions guide you throughout your life.
This intensive course will provide a summative overview of the structure, themes and the key messages provided in selected chapters and surahs of the Quran. This will be achieved through systematically covering the surahs with the following in mind:
• Explanation of key passages Surahs.
• Practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from Surahs.
• Key stories and messages of the Qur`an
• This course will, InshAllah, enrich one’s understanding of the Divine Revelation.
For each of the surahs the following will be covered:
• Names of surah
• No. of verses
• Period of revelation - historic contextualisation
• Virtues of the surah
• Overview of the surah
• Major points
• Important lessons from the surah
Mode of delivery:
Surahs will be covered systematically as a lecture. There will be opportunities after every session for students to get engaged by asking questions.
• have an overview of of the surahs of the Qur`an and the context of their revelation.
• learn how to apply the teachings of the Qur`an in our daily lives.
• have an insight into the different methodologies adopted to propagate the message.
• learn about the people and Prophets (PBUT) of the past, and derive lessons from their lives
• have an insight into Classical Tafsir (scholarly discourse)