Described as the heart of the Quran. Recited upon the deceased by many traditions. Surah Ya-Seen is a Makki Surah establishing and encouraging the people to come to faith through heart softeners and warnings. As with Makki surahs, Surah Ya-Seen follows the theme of focusing on the creedal points of Islam.
The themes of the Surah:
• Tawhid, the Oneness of Allah and His Lordship
• Affirmation of the legitimacy of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
• A Town with Three Prophets
• Consequences of disbelieve
• The reality of the Afterlife
• the Last Judgment